DNA Barcoding for teachers
An introductory course on DNA barcoding for secondary school teachers.
DNA barcoding uses molecular biology techniques and bioinformatics tools to identify species, complementing traditional classification methods. Join us for our first ever DNA Barcoding CPD event and help us shape our future training events and resources.
This two-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to run DNA barcoding projects with your students. On this course you will:
- Learn the lab techniques needed for DNA barcoding (DNA extraction, PCR and gel electrophoresis).
- Be introduced to the data collection app EpiCollect.
- Learn essential informatics techniques to help identify your sample.
- Hear about the latest genomics research taking place at the Wellcome Genome Campus.
- Discuss how you can develop your own DNA barcoding project at your school.
There is no registration charge and it is free to attend this course, with all meals and accomodation provided. To book your place complete and return this form to us at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 27th May.